PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – Freshman defensive specialist Lydimar Soto De Los Santos (Trujili Alto, Puerto Rico) recorded a personal-best 16 kills on Saturday afternoon, the most by a member of the Concordia College New York women's volleyball team this season, in a 3-2 (25-16, 22-25, 23-25, 25-11, 15-12) Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback at Jefferson University.
• Concordia falls to 6-11, 5-10 in CACC play.
• Jefferson improves to 15-9, 10-5 in league action.
• De Los Santos added 13 digs to her career-high kills for her fifth double-double of the season.
• Sophomore right-side hitter Militza De Hostos (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) dished out a team-leading 16 assists with 10 for her 11th double-double of the campaign.
• Junior libero Nelly Diaz (Land O' Lakes, Fla.) tallied 21 digs with one service ace.
• Freshman middle blocker Madison Gardner (Oak Hills, Calif.) assisted on four blocks to go with five terminations and one service ace.
• For Jefferson, Lauren Kloos tallied 15 kills while Molly Hand boasted 47 assists and Alexis Leddy logged 28 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• With a tied 10-10 score in the opening set, Jefferson scored five-straight points and eight of the ensuing nine to boast an 18-11 advantage. The Rams kept the lead above seven for the remainder of the stanza.
• Trailing for most of the early phase of set two, Concordia used a 4-0 rally to flip a two-point advantage in favor of the Clippers at 17-15. Jefferson knotted the score behind back-to-back points, but a 5-1 stretch kept the momentum on Concordia's side behind a 22-18 score.
• Facing an 18-14 deficit in the third stanza, the Clippers used an 8-3 rally to take a late 22-21 lead. Jefferson tied the score with the ensuing point, but a 3-1 run to end the set gave Concordia a 2-1 overall lead.
• Jefferson jumped out to an early 7-2 lead in the fourth set, holding the Clippers without a run of three-straight points in the entire frame.
• Concordia led early in the fifth set at 5-3 before a 4-0 spree flipped the advantage in Jefferson's favor at 7-5. Concordia knotted the score at 9-all only for back-to-back Jefferson points keeping the home side ahead with the Rams defending the lead for the remainder of the set.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 43 kills on a .079 hitting percentage versus 57 on a .201 clip for Jefferson.
• Jefferson held a 71-70 advantage in digs.
• Concordia served four aces, the host served 11.
• Concordia recorded 12 assisted blocks for six total while Jefferson tallied three solo and 23 assisted for 14 total.
The volleyball team host North Division leader Felician University on Tuesday, Nov. 5 with first serve set for 6 p.m.