LAKEWOOD, N.J. – The Concordia College New York women's volleyball team split a pair of matches on Saturday at Georgian Court University, dropping a 3-0 (25-12, 25-16, 25-21) Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest against the host Lions before sweeping Lincoln College (Pa.) 3-0 (25-12, 25-9, 25-12)
• Concordia moves to 6-9, 5-8 in CACC play.
• Georgian Court improves to 20-5, 11-2 in league action.
• Lincoln falls to 1-17.
• The Clippers' 12 service aces against Lincoln ties for the fifth-most in program history.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 1)
• Freshman defensive specialist Lydimar Soto De Los Santos (Trujilo Alto, Puerto Rico) led the offense behind nine kills and one solo block.
• Junior libero Nelly Diaz (Land O Lakes, Fla.) recorded a team-best 15 digs with on service ace.
• Sophomore right-side hitter Militza De Hostos (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) dished out 11 assists with seven digs.
• For Georgian Court, Shane Rayside boasted eight kills with on solo block and four assisted blocks while Kaime Sweeney recorded 14 assists with two service aces and Emily McCurley logged 15 assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 1)
• GCU used a strong start to the opening set to go up 1-0 overall.
• Despite recording more kills than the home side in the second stanza with a 13-11 advantage, the Lions used a match-best .345 hitting percentage to take the frame.
• The Lions held Concordia to a match-low -.077 hitting percentage in the third set to end the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 1)
• Concordia finished the match with 31 kills on a .020 hitting percentage versus 32 on a .263 clip for Georgian Court.
• Concordia held a 45-39 advantage in digs.
• Concordia served four aces, the host served seven.
• Concordia recorded one solo block while GCU boasted three solo blocks with 24 assisted for 15 overall.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 2)
• Soto logged 10 terminations on a .364 clip on top of six digs.
• Freshman defensive specialist Ava Perez (Yonkers, N.Y.) set her career-high with six digs.
• Senior setter Alana Rousset-Hernandez (Canovanas, Puerto Rico) dished out 16 assists.
• De Hostos chipped in 12 assists with a career-high five aces.
• For Lincoln, Tierra Russaw recorded 13 digs, seven assists and three kills
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 2)
• Concordia scored the opening four points of the match and never trailed in the first set.
• Trailing early in the second set 3-1, Concordia fired off 12-straight points to boast a double-digit advantage at 13-3 and kept the lead above nine for the rest of the stanza.
• With the score tied 4-all in the third set, Concordia used an 8-1 stretch to take a 12-5 lead. Concordia created a double-digit lead late in the stanza at 19-9, fending off a rally from the Lions to close out the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 2)
• Concordia finished the match with 31 kills on a .247 hitting percentage versus 14 on a -.123 clip for Lincoln.
• Concordia held a 33-31 advantage in digs.
• Concordia served 12 aces, Lincoln served two.
• Concordia recorded one solo block while Lincoln logged one solo with four assisted for three total.
The volleyball team hosts Nyack College on Wednesday, Oct. 30 in a 6 p.m. CACC matchup.