BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York women's volleyball team rallied back from a 2-0 deficit against visiting Bloomfield College on Tuesday evening, using the second-most kills in a match in program history for a 3-2 (22-25, 20-25, 25-18, 25-17, 16-14) Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) victory.
• Concordia improves to 4-8, 4-7 in CACC play.
• Bloomfield falls to 9-8, 7-5 in league aciton.
• The Clippers 59 kills ties for the second-most in program history.
• Freshman defensive specialist Lydimar Soto De Los Santos (Trujilo Alto, Puerto Rico) recorded her second-straight double-double and third of the season behind a career-high 20 digs and 14 kills on a .306 clip.
• Freshman middle blocker Tanializ Rivera (Caroline, Puerto Rico) matched De Los Santos for the team-lead in kills with 14.
• Freshman middle blocked Madison Gardner (Oak Hills, Calif.) chipped in 13 kills with two solo blocks, one assisted blocks and one service ace.
• Sophomore right-side hitter Militza De Hostos (Bayamon, Puerto Rico) dished out a 24 assists with 13 digs for her 10th double-double of the season.
• Junior libero Nelly Diaz (Land O Lakes, Fla.) boasted 23 digs.
• Senior setter Alana Rousset-Hernandez (Canovanas, Puerto Rico) dished out a team-best 26 assists with two service and nine digs.
• Senior right-side hitter Tatienne Tugade-Sua (Kalihi, Hawaii) logged 18 digs and 10 kills for a double-double.
• For Bloomfield, Jandra Fabian tallied 14 kills while Junelly Marreo recorded 20 digs and Juliette Tygret boasted 49 assists and 16 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Bloomfield scored back-to-back with the score tied 1-1 in the first set to take a lead they defended for the remainder of the stanza. Concordia rallied late to get within one at 19-18, and kept it there at 22-21 and 23-22 before a pair of BC points ended the stanza.
• After a back-and-forth 26-point start to the second set that saw seven tied scores, Bloomfield broke the stalemate with a 3-0 spurt to pull ahead 16-13 and kept the lead above two for the rest of the frame.
• Concordia took an early 8-5 lead in the third set off a 3-0 run, adding separation to the lead behind a 4-2 stretch to make it 12-7. Bloomfield got within four at 15-11, but a 5-0 Concordia run extended the lead to 20-11 with the gap staying at six or more for the rest of the set.
• Concordia pulled ahead in the fourth set behind a 7-0 run with the score tied 8-all to take a 15-8. The Clippers continued to extend the gap, creating a double-digit separation at 24-14
• Neither side held a lead greater than one for the initial 22 points of the deciding set, with 11 tied scores before back-to-back points by Concordia created a 13-11 lead. BC rallied with a pair of tallies while facing match point to knot the score at 14-all, but back-to-back terminations from Tugade-Sua and De Los Santos ended the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 59 kills on a .160 hitting percentage versus 53 on a .184 clip for Bloomfield.
• Concordia held a 90-66 advantage in digs.
• Concordia served two aces, the visitors served three.
• Concordia recorded two solo block with two assisted for three total while Bloomfield had four solo and 18 assisted for 30 total.
The volleyball team treks to Dominican College (N.Y.) on Thursday, Oct. 24 for a 7 p.m. contest