BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College New York women's tennis team clinched its eighth Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Regular Season title on Tuesday afternoon, defeating visiting University of the Sciences 6-1.
• Concordia improves to 10-0, 8-0 in CACC play.
• USciences falls to 6-6, 6-1 in league action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Juniors Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) outlasted Myka Williams and Karla Miletic at the top doubles flight, 6-3.
• Freshmen Ebba Rosberg (Stockholm, Sweden) and Paula Palero (Culera, Spain) overcame a late deficit against Sanielle Paran and Diana Sosonkin at the third position to clinch the doubles point with a 7-5 triumph.
• Torres Martin cruised to a 6-2, 6-0 victory at the third singles slot over Mazurek.
• Rosberg prevailed at the top position against Miletic 6-2. 6-1.
• Karlsson Hantzis overcame a 5-4 second-set deficit after winning the opener 6-3 to take the set 7-5 and clinch the match result.
• Palero blanked Anwar in the opening set at the fourth flight 6-0 before prevailing in the seocnd 6-3.
• Dumitrescu took the opening set against Paran 6-2 on court six before her USciences' counterpart retired.
• Wirlitsch fell to Sosonkin at the fifth position 6-4, 6-2.
The Clippers host the Post University on Thursday, Oct. 17 with first serve set for 2:30 p.m.