WILMINGTON, Del. – Junior Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) was the lone member of the Concordia College New York women's tennis team to win both of her matches on Sunday afternoon, leading the Clippers past Goldey-Beacom College 4-3 to become the only remaining team undefeated in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) action.
• Concordia improves to 9-0, 7-0 in CACC play.
• Goldey-Beacom falls to 7-1, 7-1 in league action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Torres Martin bested Maria Bruno and Imane Van Veen at the top doubles position, 6-0
• Junior Ann Kathrin Wirlitsch (Dresden, Germany) and freshman Alexandra Dumitrescu (Spring, Texas) clinched the doubles point behind a 6-4 triumph over Kristen Radeke and Silvia Hortelano Pey at the third slot.
• Rosberg prevailed at the top singles court against Salome Lang 6-1, 6-0.
• Torres Martin won a 6-4, 7-6 match against Elin Anderson at the third flight.
• Dumitrescu fell at the sixth position 7-6, 7-5 at the sixth spot.
• Karlsson Hantzis dropped a 7-6, 6-4 decision against Van Veen at the second position.
• Palero overcame a 6-3 opening-set setback against Edebo with back-to-back 6-4 scores at the fourth slot to clinch the match decision.
• Wirlitsch forced a third set at the fifth position against Garcia Valle behind a 7-6 second-set score after dropping the opener 6-4, with her GBC counterpart taking the third frame 6-3.
The Clippers host the University of the Sciences on Tuesday, Oct. 15 with a victory clinching a share of the CACC Regular Season Title. First serve is set for 2:30 p.m.