WILMINGTON, Del. – The Concordia College New York women's tennis team faced the defending Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Champions on Saturday afternoon, winning every singles match played in straight sets after claiming the doubles point over hosting Wilmington University (Del.) in a 7-0 triumph.
• Concordia improves to 8-0, 6-0 in CACC play.
• Wilmington drops to 2-7, 2-5 in league action.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Ann Kathrin Wirlitsch (Dresden, Germany) and freshman Alexandra Dumitrescu (Spring, Texas) earned a victory by default at the third doubles position.
• Concordia entered singles play with a 2-0 overall lead after Wilmington forfeited on court six.
• Junior Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) blanked Gracy Suttera at the fifth singles slot 6-0, 6-0.
• Dumitrescu won back-to-back 6-0 decisions against Nolte on court four.
• Wirlitsch bested Blasi-Smith in a pair of 6-1 sets at the third position.
• Rosberg prevailed at the first slot 6-1, 6-2 against Ribalta.
• Karlsson Hantzis outlasted Sredojevic at the second spot 6-4, 6-4
The Clippers face Goldey-Beacom College in a match with CACC Regular Season title implications on Sunday, Oct. 13 with first serve set for 10 a.m.