BROOKVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team traveled to LIU Post for a non-conference contest on Thursday afternoon, sweeping the host Pioneers 7-0.
• Concordia improves to 7-2.
• LIU Post falls to 1-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The duos of senior Tadi Mrewa (East London, South Africa) and sophomore Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) plus sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) cruised to 6-0 victories on courts three and two to clinch the doubles point.
• Senior Kristel Kalm (Stokholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach's (Moenchweiler, Germany) match against Shanice Arthur and Veronika Koudelkova was left unfished with a 3-2 score at the first position.
• Concordia moved ahead 2-0 overall before singles play began, with LIU forfeiting on the sixth court.
• Sta Cruz's swept Katie Kumpas 6-0, 6-0 for her first victory at the fifth flight this season.
• Putschbach dropped one game in a straight-set triumph, 6-1, 6-0, against Isabelle Bifulco at the fourth slot to clinch the match result.
• Mrewa became the first Clipper this season with double-digit victories in singles action, besting Christina Jud 6-0, 6-1 for her sixth-straight win and 10th this fall.
• Torres Martin outlasted Koudelkova 6-2, 6-2 on the second court.
• Karlsson Hantzis ended the afternoon with a 6-3, 6-1 win over Arthur at the top position.
Concordia enters the final stretch of Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play on Wednesday, Oct. 10 at Jefferson. First serve is scheduled for 3 p.m.