PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team traveled to the University of the Sciences Monday evening for a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest, defeating the host Devils 4-0.
• Concordia improves to 6-1 overall, 5-0 in CACC action.
• Usciences drops to 3-3, 2-1 in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) bested Elkanah Linder and Stephanie Mazurek 6-2 at the second doubles position.
• Torres Martin won on the third singles court 6-3, 6-3 over Paran.
• Mrewa defeated Linder 6-0, 6-1 at the fourth flight.
• Karlsson Hantzis clinched the match result with a 6-2, 6-4 triumph over Milatic at the top position.
• Putschbach bested Mazurek 6-4, 6-3 on court four.
• Kalm led 7-6, 3-1 over Gamarnik but retired to give USciences the point.
• Freshman Hillary Sherpa (Ridgefield, Conn.) won her first set over James 6-4 before dropping the second stanza 7-5 and prevailing in the super tiebreaker 10-7
Concordia returns to the Meyers Tennis Center to host Wilmington University (Del.) on Tuesday, Oct. 2 at 3 p.m.