PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team traveled to Chestnut Hill on Saturday afternoon for a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest, defeating the Griffins 7-0 to extend the current win streak to five matches.
• Concordia improves to 5-1 overall, 4-0 in CACC action.
• Chestnut Hill drops to 0-2, 0-2 in league play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The duo of senior Tadi Mrewa (East London, South Africa) and sophomore Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) made quick work of their Chestnut Hill opposition, defeating Gianna Vassalluzzo and Nicole Yang 6-0 on court three.
• Sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and reigning CACC Player of the Week Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) bested Julia Bellon and Daniela Siqueira at the second flight 6-4 to clinch the doubles point.
• At the top doubles position, senior Kristel Kalm (Stokholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) outlasted Mia Covic and Barbara Bronvile 6-3 to complete the doubles sweep.
• Sta Cruz's match was the first to end in singles play, with the Clipper not dropping a game in a 6-0, 6-0 sweep of Vassalluzzo at the sixth position.
• Putschbach defeated Siqueira at the fourth slot 6-1, 6-1.
• Mrewa clinched the match result for Concordia with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph over Bellon on court three.
• Torres Martin outlasted Brovile at the second position 6-4, 6-2.
• Freshman Hillary Sherpa (Ridgefield, Conn.) defeated Yang on the fifth court 6-4, 6-1.
• Karlsson Hantzis ended the afternoon with a 6-1, 6-0 victory over Covic at the top position.
Concordia returns to Philadelphia on Monday, Oct. 1 to take on the University of the Sciences at 5:30 p.m. in a rescheduled CACC bout.