BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team hosted Post University on Wednesday afternoon in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match, besting the visiting Eagles 5-2.
• Concordia improves to 4-1 overall, 3-0 in CACC action.
• Post drops to 3-3, 1-1 in CACC play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• The duo of senior Tadi Mrewa (East London, South Africa) and sophomore Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) overpowered their Post counterparts Sarah Namazi and Jessica Bergen 6-1 on the third doubles court.
• Sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and reigning CACC Player of the Week Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) bested Andrea Sandoval and Juliana Seabra 6-2 at the second doubles flight to clinch the doubles point.
• Mrewa's match was the first to end in singles play with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep of Seabra on court four.
• Karlsson Hantzis bested Sandoval at the top flight in straight sets 6-3, 6-2
• Putschbach clinched the match result for Concordia with a 6-3, 6-3 decision over Namazi at the fifth slot.
• Freshman Hillary Sherpa (Ridgefield, Conn.) overcame a 1-6 first set with a 6-2 response followed by the tiebreaker point to defeat Bergen at the sixth position.
• Kalm fell to Post's Fareh 7-5, 6-4 on court two.
• Lako outlasted Torres Martin 7-6 (5) in the opening set before a 6-4 second set on the third court ended the contest.
Concordia heads to Chestnut Hill on Saturday, Sept. 29 for a 12 p.m. CACC contest.