PHILADELPHIA – Senior Kristel Kalm (Stockholm, Sweden) went undefeated at the top positions for the Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team on Saturday afternoon, leading the Clippers past host Holy Family 7-0 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Concordia improves to 3-1 overall, 2-0 in CACC action.
• Holy Family drops to 1-3, 1-1 in the CACC.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Concordia did not lose a single game in doubles play with 6-0 scores for Kalm and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) over Latifah Hinawy and Meghan Moyer on court one, sophomores Angelica Karlsson Hantzis (Fuengirola, Malaga, Spain) and Josefina Torres Martin (Miami, Fla.) over Laura Hornyak and Sam Klem on court two and senior Tadi Mrewa (East London, South Africa) and sophomore Katrina Sta Cruz (Las Vegas, Nev.) over Keisha Bowman and Emily Griffis on court three to claim the doubles point.
• Putschbach's match at the fourth position was the first to end in singles play with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep against Bowman.
• Torres followed with a 6-0, 6-0 decision against Moyer at the second flight.
• Mrewa clinched the match result for Concordia with a 6-0, 6-0 outing against Klem.
• Kalm bested Hinawy at the top position 6-1, 6-0.
• Freshman Hillary Sherpa (Ridgefield, Conn.) defeated Hornyak in a pro-style set 8-0.
• Sta Cruz ended the day with an 8-0 pro-style set triumph against Griffis.
Concordia returns to the Myers Tennis Center on Wednesday, Sept. 26 to host Post in a CACC match at 3 p.m.