ORANGEBURG, N.Y. – Freshman defender Morganne Cartee (New Milford, Conn.) found the back of the net late in the Concordia College New York women's soccer team's Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest at Dominican College on Tuesday afternoon, getting the ball from senior defender DiAnna Moreno (Rock Springs, Wyo.) for her first collegiate point, but three first-half goals propelled the host to a 4-1 decision.
• Concordia falls to 4-9-1, 2-7-1 in CACC play.
• Dominican improves to 5-8-3, 3-4-3 in league action.
• Cartee scored her second goal of the season with three shots overall, all on goal.
• Moreno notched her first collegiate point in 54 minutes on the field.
• Junior midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) recorded her first assist of the season. She has had one assist in each of her three seasons as a Clipper.
• Freshman keeper Meagan Meuweisse (Beacom, N.Y.) stopped five shots in 90 minutes.
• For Dominican, Danai Chimedza, Abby Montera, Gabriella Bedetti and Megan Geary all scored on goal while Lauren Drake dished out two assists with Victoria Bonner chipping in one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Drake found Geary in the 18th minute to give Dominican a 1-0 lead.
• The Chargers added to the lead in the 32nd minute with Montera connecting on a penalty-kick attempt.
• Bedetti created a 3-0 halftime score with a goal in the 35th minute off a pass from Drake.
• Chimedza found the back of the net two minutes into the second half to boast a 4-0 advantage.
• Quick passes from Moreno and Lanza moved the ball to Cartee inside the box to get the Clippers on the scoreboard.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 11 shots with five on target, Dominican took 15 with nine on goal.
• Dominican held a 6-0 advantage in corner kicks.
• Neither sides received a caution.
The Clippers begin a regular-season ending two-match homestand on Saturday, Nov. 2 against Wilmington University (Del.) with kickoff set for 12 p.m.