PHILADELPHIA, Pa. – The Concordia College New York women's soccer team traveled to Jefferson University on Saturday afternoon, with redshirt-sophomore keeper Sophia Cogan (Seal Beach, Calif.) and freshman goalie Meagan Meuweisse (Beacom, N.Y.) combining for eight saves in a 4-0 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback.
• Concordia falls to 2-4-1, 0-2-1 in CACC play.
• Jefferson improves to 2-3, 2-0 in league action.
• Freshman midfielder Leigh-Ann Ramsay (Bronx, N.Y.) took a team-high four shots with one on goal.
• Sophomore forward Jimena Garcia-Risoto (Madrid, Spain) took one shot on goal.
• Redshirt-sophomore goalie Sophia Cogan (Seal beach, Calif.) stopped five shots with three goals allowed in 45 minutes of action.
• For Jefferson, MaryKate Ulmer scored two goals with Ava Albergo and Deno Noiseux both chipping in one score while Laural Erick logged two assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Erick found Albergo in the 12th minute to give the host an early 1-0 lead.
• Ulmer scored back-to-back goals in the 24th and 30th minute to create a 3-0 halftime score.
• Noiseux scored an unassisted goal in the 85th minute to make it 4-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took seven shots, two on goal, versus 24 with 12 on target for the host.
• Jefferson held a 10-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Neither side received a caution.
The women's soccer team travels to Jefferson University on Saturday, Sept. 28 for a 12 p.m. conference clash.
For the latest on Concordia athletics, find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.