PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. – Redshirt-junior forward Sara Calvert (Apple Valley, Calif.) scored her first goal of the young season on Thursday evening, with the Concordia College New York women's soccer team going toe-to-toe with Pace University in the opening half before a pair of goals in the second half lifted the host to a 3-1 decision.
• Concordia falls to 0-2.
• Pace improves to 4-0.
• Calvert took two shots with one on goal.
• Freshman midfielder Leigh-Ann Ramsay (Bronx, N.Y.) tallied an assist while taking two shots with one on target.
• Sophomore forward Jimena Garcia-Risoto (Madrid, Spain) took one shot on goal.
• Redshirt-sophomore keeper Sophia Cogan (Seal Beach, Calif.) stopped 11 shots in a complete game in goal.
• For Pace, Cecilia Puentes scored three goals with Isabal Villar, Carolina Ivanov and Grace Incledon all recording one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Villar found Puentes in the 27th minute to give the host a 1-0 lead.
• Calvert received a pass from Ramsay in the 32nd minute and fired the ball past the Setters' keeper to even the score at 1-1.
• Pace reclaimed its one-goal lead in the 61st minute with Ivanov dishing the ball to Puentes.
• Puentes gave Pace an insurance goal in the 84th minute.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took five shots with three on target, Pace took 30 with 15 on goal.
• Pace took nine corner kicks.
• Pace received one caution.
The Clippers venture to St. Thomas Aquinas College on Saturday, Sept. 14 for a 1 p.m. contest.