QUEENS, N.Y. – Freshman midfielder Leigh-Ann Ramsay (Bronx, N.Y.) found the back of the net in her collegiate debut while senior forward Jimena Garcia-Risoto (Madrid, Spain) added in a goal in her return to the Concordia College New York women's soccer team on Sunday afternoon, with the Clippers falling to host Queens College 6-2.
• Concordia falls to 0-1.
• Queens improves to 1-1.
• Ramsay fired off seven shots with three on target.
• Garcia-Risoto took five shots with two on frame.
• Junior midfielder Cassandra Iantomasi (Oshawa, Ontario, Canada) took one shot.
• Freshman keeper Meagan Meuweisse (Beacom, N.Y.), stopped seven shots while allowing three goals in 49:05 minutes of action.
• For Queens, Guro Eriksen boasted three goals while Agnes Stanton, Synne Flem and Alexis Quealy all scored once. Victoria Ramirez tallied five assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Ramsay capitalized on a free kick opportunity in the 10th minute of play for her first collegiate goal.
• Queens evened the score in the 15th minute off a Flem goal from Ramirez.
• Sarafina Smith found Quely in the 23rd minute, with Ramirez connecting with Stanton a minute later to create a 3-1 score.
• Eriksen scored a pair of goals in the 59th minute to give the hosts a 5-1 lead.
• Garcia-Risoto earned a penalty kick in the 70th minute, placing the ball past the Knights' keeper to make it 5-2.
• Queens ended the scoring in the 85th minute with Eriksen's third goal of the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded 13 shots, five on goal versus 20 with 15 on target for the hosts.
• Queens held a 4-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• The hosts received four cautions.