CALDWELL, N.J. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's soccer team traveled to Caldwell on Tuesday afternoon for a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference contest, falling to the host Cougars 5-0.
• Concordia falls to 1-7 overall, 1-6 in CACC action.
• Caldwell improves to 7-3, 6-1 in league play.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) took two shots with both on target.
• Senior forward Dayna Darcy (Plainedge, N.Y.) matched Lanza's shot total with only one on goal.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) recorded eight saves.
• For Caldwell, Meghan Grundhauser and Carlyn Salus both tallied two goals with Amanda Wroblewski logging one goal and two assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Caldwell created a 2-0 lead at halftime with back-to-back goals from Grundhauser in the ninth and 29th minute off crosses from Jordan Madrid and Wroblewski.
• The Cougars extended the separation to 3-0 with a Salus goal in the 47th minute off a pass from Wroblewski.
• Wroblewski found the back of the net in the 57th minute via a cross from Samantha Pereira to make it 4-0.
• An unassisted goal for Salus in the 69th minute created the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded seven shots, three on goal versus 22 with 13 on target for Caldwell.
• Caldwell held a 6-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received the lone caution.
The women's soccer team hosts Holy Family on Saturday, Oct. 6 at 2:30 p.m.