NYACK, N.Y. – Host Nyack unleashed a strike just before halftime on Thursday afternoon that would hold on as the lone score of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) matchup, as the Concordia College (N.Y.) women's soccer team fell to the Warriors, 1-0.
• Concordia falls to 1-5 overall, 1-4 in CACC action.
• Nyack improves to 2-5-1, 2-2-1 in league play.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) stopped six shots with one goal allowed.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) took three shots with two on goal.
• For Nyack, Abisag Ramirez scored the game-winning goal with Avery Chance recording the assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• With 3:35 remaining in the first half, Chance found Ramirez to give Nyack a 1-0 lead at the intermission.
• Neither side found the back of the net in the second half, keeping the 1-0 score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Both sides recorded 11 shots, with Nyack holding a 7-5 advantage in shots on goal.
• Concordia held a 5-3 advantage in corner kicks
• Neither side received a caution in the match.
Concordia heads to Wilmington (Del.) on Saturday, Sept. 28 for a 12:30 p.m. CACC match against the Wildcats.