LAFAYETTE HILL, Pa. – Junior forward Sara Calvert (Apple Valley, Calif.) found the back of the net twice for the Concordia College (N.Y.) women's soccer team on Saturday afternoon, powering the Clippers past host Chestnut Hill 3-2 in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match.
• Concordia improves to 1-3 overall, 1-2 in CACC action.
• Chestnut Hill falls to 2-3, 1-2 in conference play.
• With two goals in the victory, her second collegiate multi-goal outing, Calvert becomes the seventh Clipper to eclipse double-digit goals in a career since 1996 with 10.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) scored the game-winning goal for Concordia.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) boasted 13 saves with two goals allowed.
• To go with her two goals, Calvert fired a team-high seven shots with five on goal.
• For Chestnut Hill, Maddie Jimenez scored twice while Madison Taylor logged an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Chestnut Hill took an early 1-0 lead in the second minute off a long strike from Jimenez.
• Calvert evened the score at the 8:00 mark, getting a pass from Lausen and taking a shot from outside the box for her first goal of the season.
• CHC reclaimed the lead in the 17th minute, as a cross from Taylor found Jimenez who scored to make it 2-1
• Calvert sent the contest into halftime tied with her second goal of the contest, getting the rebound from Luxoro's attempt and placing the ball past the Griffons' keeper.
• A foul inside the box by Chestnut Hill in the 51st minute gave Lanza a penalty kick attempt, which she capitalized on to propel Concordia to a 3-2 advantage.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded 18 shot, 13 on goal versus 29 with 15 on target for Chestnut Hill.
• Chestnut Hill held a 6-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received the lone caution of the match.
The women's soccer team hosts Dominican (N.Y.) on Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 3 p.m.