BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Led by a three-hit outing from senior designated plater Tori Tansley (Old Forge, Pa.) and three RBI off a pair of doubles from freshman left fielder Carly Berezny (Oxford, N.J.), the Concordia College New York softball team recovered from a 3-0 setback against Bloomfield College in the opening contest of a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) doubleheader with a 10-5 victory in a twinbill split.
• Concordia moves to 6-8 overall, 2-4 in CACC play.
• Bloomfield moves to 6-11, 3-3 in league action.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 1)
• Freshman second baseman Ellen Little (Port Deposit, Md.) went 2-3
• Freshman RHP Madison Shura (Wallingford, Conn.) tossed a complete game, allowing three runs off nine hits with four strikeouts.
• For Bloomfield, Jerae Keli'Koa went 2-3 while Meaghan Thompson went 1-4 with two RBI. Taylor Gaylean held Concordia without a run over 7.0 innings of work, striking out four batters with four hits allowed in the complete-game win.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 1)
• Leading off the top of the fifth with a double, Britney Guzman and Mya Lopez rounded the bases on a single from Meaghan Thompson to give Bloomfield a 2-0 advantage.
• Opening the top of the sixth with a base hit, Bloomfield extended the separation to 3-0 off a Brianna Johnson single to score pinch-running Ashlee Rivera.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 1)
• Concordia tallied four hits while the Bears had nine.
• The Clippers left seven runner on base, Bloomfield stranded five.
• Bloomfield stole two bases.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 2)
• Tansley went 3-4 with two RBI and one run scored.
• Berezny went 2-3 with two doubles, three RBI and one run scored.
• Little went 1-3 with two RBI and two runs scored.
• Freshman first baseman Ashdon Clark (Gouldsboro, Pa.) went 1-4 with two runs scored.
• Junior RHP MacKenna Powell (Milford, Pa.) allowed five runs with four earned off 12 hits with four strikeouts in the complete-game win.
• For Bloomfield, Delanie Cruz went 2-3 with two RBI. Maddie Feddersen received the loss on the mound, allowing 10 runs with nine earned off 11 hits in 5.0 innings with five strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 2)
• Back-to-back doubles from Sarisha Daughtery and Guzman with one out in the top of the second gave the Bears an early 1-0 lead.
• Concordia loaded the bases in the bottom of the second with no outs off a Bloomfield error and back-to-back singles, sending Clark and sophomore shortstop Stephanie Ryder (New Rochelle, N.Y.) home off a senior catcher Allison Beltz (Whitehall, Pa.) single to take a 2-1 advantage.
• Leading off the top of the third with a double, Lauren Booth touch home plate on a base hit from Cruz to even the score at 2-all
• Loading the bases in the bottom of the third via a walk, single and BC errors, a two-out single from Tansley platted Berezny and Clark to give Concordia a 4-2 lead.
• Reaching base on a two-out walk, Little rounded the bases in the bottom of the fourth on a Berezny double to make it 5-2.
• Leading off the top of the fifth with a single, Brianna Johnson took advantage of a failed pickoff attempt to advance to third before a Cruz groundout sent to Bear home to make it 5-3.
• Concordia loaded the bases in the bottom of the fifth with two outs, using back-to-back singles from freshman right fielder Jordan Bordonaro (Lake Grove, N.Y.) and Little plus a double from Berezny to score five runs and create a 10-3 lead.
• Bloomfield used a two-out single from Cruz to score Guzman who reached base via a walk to make it 10-4.
• The Bears loaded the bases with one out in the top of the seventh, platting Mariah Wysocki on a groundout before a strikeout ended the doubleheader.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 2)
• Concordia tallied 12 hits while the Bears had 11.
• The Clippers left six runners on base, Bloomfield stranded eight.
• Both sides committed two errors.
The softball team travels to Chestnut Hill College on Saturday, Mar. 30 for a CACC doubleheader starting at 12 p.m.