BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The No. 16 Concordia College New York men's tennis team concluded its season-opening four-match homestand on Saturday afternoon, winning all three doubles matches against visiting Adelphi University with two going 6-0 before taking all six singles contests in straight sets for a 7-0 victory.
• Concordia improves to 3-1
• Adelphi falls to 0-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and sophomore Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines), the 23rd-ranked doubles pairing in Division II, blanked Adelphi's Luke Attride-Stirling and Andrew Ray 6-0 at the second position.
• Godfrey Seno won the first against Saveluc 6-0 at the top singles flight before a 6-2 second-set triumph.
• Lentz bested Balestero at the second position, 6-4, 6-1.
• Masters prevailed 7-3 in the first-set tiebreaker game against Goupil-Maier before cruising to a 6-1 second-set win on the third court.
• Junior Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Israel) won back-to-back 6-1 sets against Veciana at the fourth position.
• Lundahl won a pair of 6-1 sets against Leader on court six.
• Nilsson recorded a 6-4, 6-2 victory over Souza at the fifth flight.
The men's tennis team begins its Florida trip on Monday, Mar. 2 with an 11:30 a.m. contest against Cedarville College.