BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The No. 17 Concordia College New York men's tennis team hosted Wagner College on Saturday evening, besting its National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I opposition in straight-sets in all six singles matches after claiming the doubles point in a 7-0 victory.
• Concordia improves to 2-1
• Wagner falls to 1-4
• Junior William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) and sophomore Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines), the 23rd-ranked doubles pairing in Division II, outlasted Hans Ohrner and Tejasvi Mehra at the second flight 6-2.
• On the first court, the seventh-ranked duo of juniors Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and Tobias Lentz (Aarhus, Denmark) dropped the tiebreaker-game to Dylan Walters and Omar Loufy 7-5 for a 7-6 setback.
• Godfrey Seno bested Ohmer at the top singles flight, 6-4, 6-1.
• Lentz outlasted Walters on court two, 6-3, 6-4
• Fenoaltea overcame a 4-1 second-set deficit against Mehra to complete the straight-set sweep at the third position, 6-2, 6-4.
• Nilsson recorded a 6-4, 6-0 victory against Loufy at the fourth flight.
• Junior Tomer Mendler (Tel Aviv, Israel) cruised to a 6-1, 6-0 triumph against Anand on court five.
• Lundahl ended the evening with a 6-0, 6-2 victory against Magow at the sixth slot.
The men's tennis team hosts Adelphi University on Saturday, Feb. 22.