BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Junior William Nilsson (Bastad, Sweden) went undefeated against Fairleigh Dickinson University on Wednesday afternoon, winning his first singles match of the spring for the No. 17 Concordia College New York men's tennis team in a 4-3 setback.
• Concordia falls to 1-1
• Fairleigh Dickinson improves to 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Nilsson and sophomore Jan Godfrey Seno (Cebu City, Philippines), the 23rd-ranked doubles pairing in Division II, won their first match together of the spring with a 6-3 triumph at the second position against Teodors Pukse and Maciej Autuch.
• With the doubles point of the line, the seventh-ranked duo of juniors Michele Fenoaltea (Rome, Italy) and Tobias Lentz (Aarhus, Denmark) rallied from a 3-0 deficit to make it 5-4 before their FDU opposition of Mehdi Dhouib and Niclas Pietsch won the following game.
• Masters dropped a 6-1, 6-0 decision to Dhouib at the second singles flight.
• Lentz fell at the third position to Pietsch, 6-3, 6-1
• Godfrey Seno fell in the opening set to Pukse 6-1 at the top slot before dropping a 6-4 second set to clinch the match result.
• Nilsson cruised to a 6-4, 6-1 victory against Budinsky on court five.
• Lundahl outlasted Autuch at the sixth flight, 6-4, 6-1.
• Fenoaltea prevailed in the opening set against Diaz Solans at the fourth position 7-6 before droping the second stanza 6-3 and winning the super tiebreaker 10-8.
The men's tennis team hosts Wagner College on Saturday, Feb. 15 with first serve scheduled for 6 p.m.