NYACK, N.Y. – Senior midfielder Cristian Perez (Boynton Beach, Fla.) scored his first goal for the Concordia College New York men's soccer team since the 2016 season on Wednesday evening, but it was not enough to spark a second-half rally against host Nyack College in a 5-1 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback.
• Concordia falls to 6-4 overall, 5-2 in CACC play.
• Nyack improves to 1-9-2, 1-6 in league action.
• Perez's goal came off his lone shot attempt.
• Junior midfielder Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) dished out his third assist of the year
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) took a team-high six shots with three on goal.
• For Nyack, Javier Fernandez and Aaron Duran each scored two goals while Mitchell Reed tallied a goal and two assists with Nicolas Plaja and Benjamin Wasem both chipping in one assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Reed found the back of the net 30 seconds into the contest to give Nyack a 1-0 advantage.
• Plaja connected with Fernandez in the 14th minute to extend the separation to 2-0.
• Fernandez created a 3-0 halftime score with a goal off a pass from Wasem in the 37h minute.
• Reed passed the ball to Duran in the 52nd minute to boast a 4-0 lead.
• Perez got Concordia on the scoreboard in the 55th minute off a pass from Zivanovic to make it 4-1
• Reed and Duran connected for the second time on the night in the 57th minute to create a 5-1 score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 13 shots with seven on target, Nyack took 14 with five on goal.
• Concordia held a 7-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received one ejection.
The men's soccer team hosts CACC-leading Goldey-Beacom College on Saturday, Oct. 19 as part of Homecoming Weekend on campus, with kickoff slated for 2:30 p.m.