BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – After making countless defensive stops on Saturday afternoon, including a pivotal defensive save late in the second half, senior defender Valmed Marki (Yonkers, N.Y.) showed off his offensive capabilities against visiting Chestnut Hill College with a goal in double overtime to keep the Concordia College New York men's soccer team undefeated in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play in a 2-1 contest.
• Concordia improves to 6-2, 5-0 in CACC play.
• Chestnut Hill falls to 3-4-1, 2-3 in league action.
• Marki took three shots in the contest, two on target.
• Junior forward Nemanja Zivanovic (Belgrade, Serbia) scored his team-leading seventh goal off a team-high six shots with five on target.
• Junior forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) registered an assist.
• Sophomore midfielder Nikolas Piel (Bremen, Germany) dished out the game-winning goal.
• Junior keeper Mikael Varin (Toulouse, France) stopped three shots in goal.
• For Chestnut Hill, Connor Bethel scored a goal with Mustag Nuredini tallying an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Limani found Zivanovic in the 25th minute to give the host an early lead.
• Bethel scored the equalizer goal in the 73rd minute off a pass from Nuredini.
• With under 90 seconds remaining in the second overtime period and a perfect conference mark on the line, Marki used a bicycle kick to end the contest.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia took 20 shots with 12 on target, CHC took 19 with six on goal.
• Both sides took eight corner kicks.
• Concordia received one caution, Chestnut Hill received three.
The Clippers venture to Post University on Tuesday, Oct. 8 for a 3 p.m. CACC contest.