NEWARK, Del. – Senior goalkeeper Jaime Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) moved into the top three of the Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer team's record book for saves in a career on Saturday afternoon, with the Clippers falling to hosting Wilmington University (Del.) 4-1 in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match.
• Concordia falls to 3-4-1, 3-3 in CACC play.
• Wilmington improves to 7-0-3, 5-0-1 in CACC action.
• Needing only three saves to match Joao Vitor Franca's career mark, Gonzalez recorded 10 saves against Wilmington to give him 173 over his career. Ivan Rodridguez currently sits with the second-most in a career since the 1995 season with 203 while Ruel Gordon holds the career-record with 312.
• Sophomore midfielder Alessandro Battaglia (White Plains, N.Y.) scored his first collegiate goal.
• Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria) recorded an assist, giving him a point in the Clippers' last three matches.
• For Wilmington, Tom Garratt scored two goals with an assist while Will Stone and Ellis McSharry each tallied a goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Wilmington got on the scoreboard in the 44th minute with MsCharry getting a pass from Manuel Ruiz Luque to hold a 1-0 lead at the intermission.
• Garratt scored back-to-back goals for the Wildcats in the 52nd and 60th minute with Sam Jester assisting the second tally to create a 3-0 score.
• Garratt found Stone in the 69th minute to extend the separation to 4-0.
• Battaglia got the best of Wilmington's keeper in the 88th minute to make it 4-1.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 4 shots, two on target, versus 22 for the Wildcats with 14 on goal.
• Wilmington held a 7-1 advantage in corner kicks
• Concordia received three cautions while Wilmington received two.
The Clippers travel to Caldwell for a CACC tilt on Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 4 p.m.