BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College Men's Soccer team played its first home match of the 2018 campaign on Saturday afternoon against Georgian Court, falling to the visiting Lions 7-0.
• Concordia falls to 0-2-1 on the season and 0-1 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Georgian Court improves to 3-1 overall, 1-0 in CACC action.
• Sophomore keeper Carlos Penaherrera (Campbell Hall, N.Y.) matched his career-mark with six saves.
• Junior midfielder Ricardo Velazquez took the Clipper' lone shot on target.
• For Georgian Court, both Louis Silva and Joel Quist had a goal and assist while Jamie Hickey had one save.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Georgian Court scored the first goal of the game in the sixth minute from Nicholas Moran from Silva. Daniel Vicente scored an unassisted goal in the 37th minute to make it 2-0 at halftime.
• GCU added to their lead in the 47th minute, a Quist goal from Quentin Bouly, followed by a Javel Dawkins' score off a pass from Robert Biele in the 57th minute to make it 4-0. Three minutes later, Quist found Silva to extend the separation to 5-0.
• Alexander Clark and Christian Casciano added goals in the 76th and 82nd minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded eight shot, one on goal versus 23 with 14 on target for GCU.
• Georgian Court held a 5-4 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received three cautions, Georgian Court received four.
The men's soccer team hits the road on Wednesday, Sept. 12 for a road CACC match at Felician. Kickoff is slated for 8 p.m.