MONROE, N.C. – The Concordia College New York men's golf team opened the spring portion of its 2019-20 schedule at the J. Ralph Hargett Invitational, shaving 10 strokes during the second round on Monday with four Clippers recording lower scores during the second go-around at the Stonebridge Golf Course to end the 36-hole day tied for fifth with a 598 (+22) team score.
• The J. Ralph Hargett Invitational features 60 participants from 12 teams.
• Host Wingate University sits atop the team leaderboard with a 569 (-7) team tally. Yannick Koehnen of Wingate holds the lowest individual score at 140 (-4)
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Junior Minwoo Park (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) shot par during the second round after a 75 (+3) in the opener to sit 14th with a 147 (+3) score.
• Sophomore Gabe Goodman (Lakewood, Colo.) tallied a team-low 70 (-2) score during the second round to enter the final day tied for 15th with a 148 (+4) total.
• Freshman Li Su (Melbourne, Australia) recorded a 74 (+2) in the opening round before a 78 (+6) in round two for a 152 (+8) score that ties for 30th.
• Junior Santiago Luna (Bogota, Columbia) fired rounds of 77 (+5) and 76 (+4) to tie for 34th after day one with a 153 (+9) cumulative.
• Freshman Carlos Riveras (Isla Margarita, Venezuela) shaved 13 strokes during the second round, recording a 76 (+4) card to sit 51st with a 165 (+21) score.
Play at the J. Ralph Hargett Invitational concludes on Tuesday, Mar. 10.