BRONXVILLE, N.Y. –Senior forward Jesse Breeding (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) led four members of the Concordia College New York men's basketball team in double figures on Wednesday evening with 14 points against Caldwell University in a 100-66 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback.
• Concordia falls to 1-13, 0-5 in league play.
• Caldwell improves to 8-6, 4-2 in CACC action.
• Breeding went 6-6 from the charity stripe while adding four rebounds and two steals.
• Junior guard Jared Young (Mount Vernon, N.Y.) scored a season-high 13 points with five rebounds and three steals.
• Freshman guard Chauncey Sterling (Wilingboro, N.J.) chipped in 11 points off the bench.
• Freshman guard Dion Herrington (Englewood, N.J.) dished out two assists.
• Sophomore forward Devon Sims (Centreville, Va.) contributed 11 points.
• For Caldwell, Anthony Cooper scored 21 points while Ruud Lutterman added 12 points with 11 rebounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Caldwell scored eight of the opening 10 points of the contest to take an early 8-2 lead with 18:28 left in the first half.
• After splitting the ensuing 10 points to maintain the six-point separation, the host connected on three-straight triples to pull ahead 22-7 with 12:53 left in the frame.
• Sims ended the run with a layup, only for a 6-2 run by the Cougars extending the separation to 28-11 with 9:25 remaining in the half.
• After the two sides split the following 22 points, Caldwell scored nine-straight to boast a 46-22 advantage with 1:38 left in the half.
• Concordia scored six of the final 10 points of the first half, all coming from Young, to create a 50-28 halftime score.
• Caldwell used an 8-0 start to kick off the second half to take a 58-28 advantage with 17:54 remaining in the contest.
• Concordia ended the run off a freshman guard Dashaun Galloway (East Orange, N.J.) layup, but were held without consecutive baskets until a Sterling triple and Sims layup back-to-back made it 80-45 with 10:08 left to play.
• The Clippers recorded its longest run of the second half late, scoring seven-straight to make it 89-57 with 4:12 remaining in the contest.
• Sims, Breeding, redshirt-freshman guard Fabian Rial (Bayamon, P.R.) and junior guard Caleb Staneck (Islip, N.Y.) combined for the Clippers' final nine points, while Caldwell added 11 to its total over the final four minutes.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 24-65 shots, going 5-25 from three-point territory and 13-15 from the free throw line.
• Caldwell finished 37-68 from the field, 12-21 from distance and 14-20 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded nine assists while Caldwell had 24.
• Caldwell held a 50-28 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia committed 16 turnovers, resulting in 22 points for the Cougars. Caldwell had 18 turnovers, leading to 16 points.
• Concordia' bench scored 23 points while the host got 45 from its bench.
• Concordia recorded 10 steals with one block while Caldwell stole the ball eight times with two blocks.
The men's basketball team travels to nationally-ranked Jefferson University on Saturday, Jan. 11 with tip-off slated for 4 p.m.