BRONXVILLE, N.Y. –The Concordia College New York men's basketball team concluded its 2019 slate on Saturday afternoon against Post University, outscoring the visitor over the final 20 minutes of an 82-57 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) setback.
• Concordia falls to 1-11, 0-3 in league play.
• Post improves to 7-4, 2-1 in CACC action.
• Sophomore forward Devon Sims (Centreville, Va.) paced the offense behind 15 points while adding three assists and two steals.
• Senior forward Jesse Breeding (Cortlandt Manor, N.Y.) chipped in 14 points with four rebounds and two steals.
• Freshman guard Dion Herrington (Englewood, N.J.) scored nine points with three assists.
• For Post, D.J. Frechette scored 16 points
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Post scored 19 of the initial 20 points to boast a 19-1 advantage with 10:56 left in the half.
• After splitting the ensuing 20 points to maintain the separation, Post 16-8 run to end the half and create a 45-19 halftime score.
• Post kicked off the second half with five-straight points, and eight of the opening 10, to extend the deficit to 53-21 with 17:41 left to play.
• Concordia countered with an 8-2 stretch of its own before three-straight free throws from the visiting side made it 58-29 with 13:48 remaining.
• Sims scored the Clippers seven following points, with Post scoring one layup during the stretch to make it 60-36.
• Post scored eight of the following 10 points to extend the separation, followed by the two sides exchanging quick 4-0 spurts to make it 72-42 with 6:47 left to play.
• Concordia continued cutting into the separation behind seven-straight points, but an 6-0 response by Post made it 78-49 with 2:40 remaining.
• The Clippers held Post to four points for the rest of the contest, all coming from the free throw line, while the host scored eight to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• The Clippers converted on 21-57 shots, going 6-24 from three-point territory and 9-11 from the free throw line.
• Post finished 33-61 from the field, 6-20 from distance and 10-19 from the free throw line.
• Concordia recorded 16 assists while Post had 17.
• Post held a 47-22 advantage in rebounds.
• Concordia committed 18 turnovers, resulting in 19 points for the Eagles. Post had 20 turnovers, leading to 23 points.
• Concordia' bench scored 13 points while the visitors got 36 from its bench.
• Concordia recorded eight steals with two blocks while Post stole the ball six times with one block.
The men's basketball team hosts the University of the Sciences on Saturday, Jan. 4 with tip-off slated for 3 p.m.