MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – Senior designated hitter Joseph Impeduglia (Staten Island, N.Y.) and freshman right fielder Leo Alvarez (Oceanside, N.Y.) each went 2-4 with a double in the batter's box for the Concordia College New York baseball team on Saturday afternoon, with Alvarez adding a run in the Clippers' 5-1 setback to Pace University.
• Concordia falls to 1-3.
• Pace improves to 1-3.
• Alvarez went 2-4 with a double and run scored.
• Impeduglia went 2-4 with a double.
• Senior first baseman Andrew Medina (Brentwood, N.Y.) went 1-4 with a RBI.
• Senior right-handed pitcher Enrico Locascio (Staten Island, N.Y.) received the loss after allowing four unearned runs off five hits with five strikeouts and two walks in 3.0 innings of work.
• Freshman righty Noel Vasquez (Washington Heights, N.Y.) tossed three scoreless frames.
• For Pace, Brian Primm went 3-5 with a pair of RBI while Michael Roll got the win on the mound after tossing 4.1 innings with no runs and five strikeouts.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Pace took advantage of back-to-back errors to start the top of the second to score four runs and take a 4-0 edge.
• Leading off the top of the sixth with a double, the Setters added a run to their lead off a one-out single to make it 5-0.
• Reaching base with a leadoff double in the top of the ninth, Alvarez rounded the bases off a Medina single to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded eight hits while Pace tallied 13.
• The Clippers left eight runners on base while Pace stranded 11.
• Concordia committed three errors, allowing four runs to score.
The baseball team begins its Fla., trip on Saturday, Feb. 29 with a 2:30 p.m. contest against Stonehill College.