BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – With junior designated hitter Joseph Impeduglia (Staten Island, N.Y.) and sophomore second baseman Jake Partridge (Bardonia, N.Y.) each entering Tuesday's Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) doubleheader with 97 career hits, Partridge recorded two in the opening contest against Caldwell University with one in the second while Impeduglia tallied one in the initial bout and two in sequel of an 11-7, 10-3 doubleheader setback to add two new members to the Concordia College New York baseball program's 100-hit club.
• Concordia falls to 11-32, 6-22 in CACC play.
• Caldwell improves to 13-24, 11-17 in league action.
• The duo joins senior shortstop Tyler Epple (Levittown, N.Y.), who recorded his 100th hit last season, as active members of the team who have triple-digit hits.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 1)
• Junior third baseman Kendell Luquis (New Rochelle, N.Y.) went 2-4 with two doubles and three runs scored.
• Epple went 2-4 with a triple and three RBI.
• Partridge went 2-5 with a RBI, run scored and stolen base.
• Junior RHP Enrico Locascio (Staten Island, N.Y.) got the start, allowing five runs off six with three strikeouts and two walks in 5.0 innings.
• For Caldwell, Alejandro Mejia and Luis Rullan both went 2-4 with three RBI and a run scored. Anthony Frascati was credited with the victory on the mound after tossing the final 3.0 innings with one run allowed off three hits.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 1)
• Leading off the contest with a double, Luquis scored off a RBI groundout from Epple to take an early 1-0 lead.
• Concordia took advantage of a Caldwell error in the top of the third to plate Luquis, who reached base with a one-out double, and extend the separation to 2-0.
• Reaching base with a one-out triple in the top of the fourth, sophomore catcher Hermes Abreu (Bayshore, N.Y.) rounded the bases off a senior first baseman Andrew Medina (Brentwood, N.Y.) single to make it 3-0.
• Reaching base with a leadoff single in the top of the fifth, Partridge platted freshman left fielder Matt Rinaldi (Eastchester, N.Y.) with a two-out single to create a 4-0 advantage.
• Caldwell loaded the bases with two outs in the bottom of the fifth off back-to-back hits and a walk, sending Dylan Walicky and Jack Zosulis home on a Mejia single to make it 4-2.
• Leading off the top of the sixth with a hit by pitch, Medina and Luquis both scored off a two-out triple from Epple to boast a 6-2 advantage.
• Caldwell loaded the bases with no outs in the bottom of the sixth off back-to-back hits and a walk, scoring all three baserunners via a Walicky walk and Rullan single before back-to-back base hits from Frank Lehmann and Meija platted Walicky and Rullian to take a 7-6 lead.
• Concordia loaded the bases with one out in the top of the seventh off a pair of hits and hit by pitch, scoring Partridge on a sacrifice fly from senior center fielder Jaylin Martinez (Paramus, N.J.) to knot the score at 7-all.
• Leading off the bottom of the seventh with a single, pinch-running Kenneth Matta scored off a two-out single from Zosulis with a triple from Rullan platting Zosulis to create a 9-7 score.
• Leading off the bottom of the eighth with a double, Meija scored on a RBI groundout from Anthony Parente before a one-out single from Mike Airey scored Jalen March to boast an 11-7 score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 1)
• Concordia recorded 11 hits, five for extra bases, while the Cougars had 14.
• The Clippers left 10 runners on base, Caldwell stranded seven.
• Concordia committed one error, Caldwell committed three.
• Concordia stole one base.
STANDOUT PERFORMERS (GAME 2)
• Impeduglia went 2-3 with a double.
• Epple went 1-2 with a double and two runs scored.
• Junior pinch hitter Peter Lawless (Rockville Centre, N.Y.) went 1-1 with two RBI.
• Senior RHP Jack Wall (Levittown, N.Y.) tossed 5.0 innings in the losing start, allowing four runs with two earned off six hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
• For Caldwll, Mejia and Lehmann each went 2-3 with two runs scored and one RBI.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME 2)
• Partridge recorded his 100th career hit with one out in the top of the first, sending Epple home after he reached base via a hit by pitch to give Concordia a 1-0 lead.
• Leading off the bottom of the second with a walk, March touched home plate on a stolen base attempt by Zosulis before a sacrifice fly from Rullan scored Kyle Richards to create a 2-1 score.
• Reaching base on a two-out walk, Lehmann scored off a wild pitch to make it 3-1.
• Caldwell took advantage of a Clippers error in the bottom of the fifth to score Mejia, who reached base on a leadoff single, to extend the separation to 4-1.
• Leading off the bottom of the sixth with a double, Zosulis rounded the bases off a Lehmann single before a pair of Concordia errors allowed three CU runs with Mejia and Zosulis each sending a Cougar home to boast a 10-1 score.
• Starting the top of the seventh with a walk and double, Lawless platted both Rinaldi and Epple with a single to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE (GAME 2)
• Concordia recorded nine hits, the Cougars tallied 12.
• Both teams left seven runners on base.
• The Clippers committed four errors, Caldwell had one.
• Caldwell stole five bases.
The baseball team hosts Caldwell in the second leg of the home-and-home division series on Thursday, April 25 with the doubleheader set to begin at 1 p.m.