DOBBS FERRY, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's volleyball team traveled to Mercy College on Tuesday evening, falling to the host Mavericks 3-0 (25-17, 25-13, 25-10) in a non-conference contest.
• Concordia drops to 0-16 overall
• Mercy improves to 9-13 overall.
• Junior right-side hitter Tatienne Tugade-Sua (Kalihi, Hawaii) paced the offense with seven kills to go with nine digs.
• Senior setter Bianca Ortiz (Ponce, Puerto Rico) recorded 13 assists with five kills, four digs and a service ace.
• Junior defensive specialist Alana Rousset-Hernandez (Canovanas, Puerto Rico) anchored the defense with 10 digs.
• For Mercy, Leah Petty recorded 15 kills while Brooke Runge dished out 32 assists with three aces and Neysha Gonzalez logged 12 digs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Neither side held a lead larger than three over the opening 26 points, with the two splitting them for 13-13 score before a 5-0 Mercy run put the hosts ahead 18-13.Concordia responded with four-straight points to make it a one-point contest at 18-17 only for a 7-0 run for Mercy ending the set.
• Mercy scored the opening six points of the second set and kept the Clippers at arm's length for the entire stanza. Concordia scored the ensuing two points to make it 6-2, and brought the separation back to four at 10-6 before a 4-0 Maverick run extended the gap to eight at 14-6 with the Clippers unable to get within four again in the frame.
• In identical fashion to the previous stanza, the Mavericks began the third set with the opening six points and 13 of the initial 16 to quickly take a double-digit lead at 13-3.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 28 kills on a .067 hitting percentage versus 57 on a .363 clip for Mercy.
• Concordia held a 37-35 advantage in digs.
• The Clippers served two aces, Mercy served nine.
• Concordia recorded two assisted blocks for 1.0 total while Mercy had 12 assisted blocks for 6.0 total.
Concordia hosts Holy Family University on Wednesday, Oct. 17 at 6 p.m.