BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College (N.Y.) women's tennis team hosted Wilmington University (Del.) on Tuesday afternoon, falling to the visiting Wildcats 5-2 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Concordia falls to 6-2 overall, 5-1 in CACC action.
• Wilmington improves to 3-2, 3-1 in league play.
• Wilmington claimed the doubles point with Laura Gil and Andrea Ribalta outlasting the Clippers' pairing of senior Kristel Kalm (Stokholm, Sweden) and sophomore Franziska Putschbach (Moenchweiler, Germany) 6-4 at the top flight.
• Freshman Hillary Sherpa (Ridgefield, Conn.) fell in singles action 6-3, 6-0 to Ribalta at the sixth slot.
• Torres Martin fell in her opening set 1-6 on the third court before a 6-3 second set triumph forced the tiebreaker, with Wilmington's Rondot retiring to give Concordia the point.
• Kalm lost in straight-sets at the second position 6-3, 6-2 to Sathe.
• Mrewa kept Concordia's hopes alive with a 6-4, 7-5 outing on court four against Gil to make the overall score 3-2.
• Putschbach fell in a competitive first set 7-5 on court five and forced a tiebreaker in the second against Paya but could not take the frame in a 7-6 (7-3) decion.
• Karlsson won her opening set at the top position 6-4 before falling in the second set 7-5 with Gomar taking the tiebreaker 1-0 (10-8).
Concordia takes a hiatus from CACC play to take on LIU Post on Thursday, Oct. 4 at 2 p.m.