BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College women's soccer team hosted Holy Family University on Saturday afternoon, falling to the visiting Tigers 6-1 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Concordia falls to 1-8, 1-7 in the CACC
• Holy Family falls to 8-2-1 overall, 5-2-1 in league action.
• Freshman forward Alaina Rabusin (Cortland, N.Y.) scored her second goal of the season and first at the Holtdorf Soccer Field.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) tallied her first assist of the campaign.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) stopped nine shots with five goals allowed in 67:47 minutes.
• For Holy Family, Bree Rock scored three times with Kaitlyn Findlay, Alexa Teschko and Yasmine Machlof all scoring once.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Grace Stsckhouse found Teschko inside the box in the fourth minute to give the Tigers an early 1-0 advantage.
• Rock and Findlay scored back-to-back tallies in the 17th and 19th minute to create a 3-0 score. Brock added one more goal before halftime in the 40th minute off a pass from Hannah Derby to make it 4-0.
• Rabusin got Concordia on the scoreboard in the 54th minute off a cross from Lanza.
• Holy Family capitalized on a free kick opportunity in the 58th minute to make it 5-1.
• Rock scored her third goal of the afternoon in the 70th minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with 10 shots, eight on target, versus 26 for the Tigers with 16 on goal.
• Holy Family held a 3-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received the lone caution.
The Clippers travel to take on Merrimack in non-conference action on Monday, Oct. 8 at 4 p.m.