RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Concordia College women's soccer team tooke on Felician University on Wednesday evening in a Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) contest, holding the host to a standstill before three second-half goals powered the Golden Falcons to a 3-0 victory.
• Concordia drops to 0-3 overall, 0-2 in CACC play.
• Felician improves to 1-3, 1-1 in CACC action.
• Sophomore midfielder Kayla Lanza (New Milford, Conn.) took a team-best two shots.
• Freshman goalie Jocelyn Hellier (Lithia, Fla.) recorded four saves with three goals allowed.
• For Felician, Valerie Adamo, Katie Paz and Joanne Arvanitakis all scored goals with Danielle Jenkin recording an assist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Paulson got the first shot of the contest in the sixth minute, forcing the Felician keeper to make a save.
• Felician got a pair of shots on goal on in the 11th and 15th minute, with both being stopped by Hellier.
• Ziemba got the final shot on goal of the first half in the 17th minute, being saved by Jamie Kazenmayer to keep the score 0-0 at halftime.
• After opening up the second half with a shot on goal in the 48th minute, Felician got on the scoreboard in the 52nd minute from Arvanitakis. 20 seconds later in the match, the Golden Falcons scored again off a shot from Paz to quickly make it 2-0.
• Felician added an insurance goal in the 87 minute from Adamo to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with four shots, two on target, versus 10 for the Golden Falcons with seven on goal.
• Felician held a 5-2 advantage in corner kicks.
• Neither side received a caution.
The Clippers stay on the road to take on Chestnut Hill on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 1 p.m.