BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – The Concordia College Women's Soccer team played began its home schedule on Saturday afternoon against Georgian Court, falling to the visiting Lions 7-0.
• Concordia falls to 0-2 on the season and 0-1 in Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) play.
• Georgian Court improves to 2-2 overall, 1-0 in CACC action.
• Redshirt freshman goalie Sophia Cogan set her career-high with 14 saves in her first collegiate start.
• Freshman midfielder Alaina Rabusin (Cortland, N.Y.) took two shots with one on goal.
• Freshman keeper Jocelyn Hellier stopped two shots in 28:48 minutes.
• For Georgian Court, Krystal Hund scored three goals with an assist while Heather Arbachesky scored two goals with two assists and Anetha Jenking stopped three shots.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Arbachesky scored the opening two goals of the match in the 16th and 31st minute off passes from Hund and Kaitlin Lister. Nora Stapleton found the back of the net with four seconds remaining in the half to make it 3-0 at the intermission.
• Stapleton scored her second goal of the afternoon in the 52nd minute off a pass from Arbachesky, with Hund scoring three-consecutive goals in the 55th, 68th and 69th minute to create the final score.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia recorded seven shot, three on goal versus 36 with 23 on target for GCU.
• Georgian Court held a 12-3 advantage in corner kicks.
• Concordia received three cautions, Georgian Court received one.
The women's soccer team hits the road on Wednesday, Sept. 12 for a road CACC match at Felician. Kickoff is slated for 5:30 p.m.