CALDWELL, N.J. – Freshman forward Marlon Buck (Vienna, Austria) recorded his third collegiate multi-goal outing of the season on Wednesday afternoon, scoring his second of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) match with under two minutes left to propel the Concordia College (N.Y.) men's soccer past host Caldwell University 3-2.
• Concordia improves to 4-4-1, 4-3 in CACC play.
• Caldwell falls to 4-6-1, 4-2-1 in league action.
• Buck extended his point streak to four matches while scoring his third game-winning goal of the season.
• Senior forward John Reed (Longford, Ireland) scored his second goal of the season to go with an assist.
• Sophomore forward Dennis Limani (Norderstedt, Germany) tallied an assist.
• Senior keeper Jaime Gonzalez (Madrid, Spain) stopped seven shots.
• For Caldwell, Sander Golman and Kevin Avila scored goals with Alessandro Canino and Erlend Aase logging assists.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Caldwell took a 1-0 advantage in the 28th minute using a pass from Canino to Golmen who found the back of the net.
• Reed recovered a loose ball for Concordia in the 40th minute and scored an unassisted goal to even the match at 1-all going into halftime.
• Concordia scored two minutes into the second half, using a cross from Limani to Buck inside the box to create a 2-1 score in the 47th minute.
• Caldwell knotted the score at 2-2 with an Avila score in the 61st minute off a pass from Aase.
• With 1:15 remaining in the match, Reed sent a long pass to Buck who scored to give the Clippers a 3-2 lead.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
• Concordia finished the match with eight shots, four on target, versus 19 for the Cougars with nine on goal.
• Caldwell held a 4-1 advantage in corner kicks.
• Both sides received four cautions.
The Clippers host Holy Family on Saturday, Oct. 6 in CACC play at 12 p.m.